Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fleurette Mums Make My Little Pot Of Joy

Content submitted by: Barbara Weiner

My grandma has become ill recently.  Being her only blood relative who is in the same country with her, I had since left the city where I had lived my entire life and moved in her condo in the suburb.  I'm still getting to know the community and trying to figure out where to do grocery shopping.  It was then I discovered this little pot of beautiful Fleurette at $3.99 at Shop Rite.  I was never interested in buying flowers and bringing back to my apartment. It was because I was barely home and I always got flowers as gifts from my colleagues and friends on my birthdays.  The gifted flowers always died on me after a few days.  My boyfriend said I had black thumbs instead of green thumbs.  But now that I am spending a lot more time at my granny's home, I am beginning to develop a gloomy mood that when I saw this pretty little pot at the grocery store, it just brightened my day and made me feel that I had to take it back to granny's somewhat depressing home.  I love my granny and seeing her sick really affects me.  Yet every time when I go into the breakfast nook, the sight of these dainty flowers cheers me up.


I just love the plant's tightly packed clusters of luxurious little flowers that show off such a bright and vibrant yellow color.  I've been having this plant for more than 2 weeks now and I hadn't even watered at all. The little instructional tag says I am supposed to water it every 3 days.  But somehow I just totally didn't see the tag  until today. So I am going to water this plant for the first time in over 2 weeks, but the bloom still looks great despite my neglect.  This bloom of joy is really a good buy at $3.99.  

Notes from the editors: Do you have a photo of your plant that you want to share with us?  If so, please click here to contact us for photo submission guidelines.  If we decide to publish your photo and story, we will send you a beautiful floral arrangement gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment