Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Are Your Furniture Devaluing? Mine Are Devaluing Big Times!!!

Content submitted by: Barbara Weiner


Back in 2009 when I graduated college and moved back to the United States after spending a life time living abroad with my expatriate parents, I bought this dining table set with my own money from my part-time tutoring job. This dining table set cost me about US$480 back then, not including the delivery fees and assembly fees I paid to have the dining set assembled. Today, I see the same set being sold online for only US$144.99 + US$95.45 shipping.  I can't believe my eyes, but it's true that after all these years I can now buy the same dining set brand new for much cheaper.  Does this have anything to do with other countries' devaluation of their currencies?  I hear this topic being brought up a lot during the Presidential debates:)  May be this is why it's bad for us when countries like China devalue their currencies?  It's because it just makes all the furniture we bought lose their value.  When I move again, I will not bother to try to sell my dining set, I will just give it away....

Notes from the editors: Are you currently living in a small apartment? If so, please share your photo and decorating tips with us and we will send you a beautiful shower curtain if we decide to publish your photo and story. Please click here to contact us for photo submission guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment