Sunday, November 29, 2015

Kalanchoe Is The Flower Plant That Allows Vacationers To Be Worry Free

Content submitted by: Barbara Weiner

I had discovered Kalanchoe at Trader Joe's recently.  Missing the dainty Fleurette mums that I left at my grandma's home, I couldn't resist to pick up a dainty pot of Kalanchoe at Trader Joe's for $5.99.  The plant has been blooming very well since I brought it home more than a week ago.  I had not done anything to it and hadn't watered it all this time, and yet the plant just keeps blooming. I really like this plant because I realize if I go to visit my grandma again, I don't have to worry about leaving it unattended at home for a week. Below is the photo of the plant when I first brought it home more than a week ago.  A lot of flowers had opened up since then without me doing anything (compare the above photo with the photo below when the plant was first brought home), which is cool.  I think this is the perfect decorative plant for busy people like myself who live in a tiny rental apartment and who don't have either the space or the time to garden.


Notes from the editors: Do you have a photo of your plant that you want to share with us? If so, please click here to contact us for photo submission guidelines. If we decide to publish your photo and story, we will send you a beautiful floral arrangement gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment